Never in my life that I think I want to surpass or even to emulate people that are more experience than me. I always tell myself not to compare with others. I have my path, they have their ways.
University Malaya Toastmasters Club is a place where my friends and I have put a lot of effort
in. Today, the club has achieved President's Distinguished Club status by scoring a perfect 10.

The ex-president, Kimmy Foo, who is also someone I take in as a role model, told me that we have surpassed her term.
Then came the message from the Vincent Chow, the Vice President Public Relations from Speakers' Dream, the oldest Toastmasters Club in the Peninsular Malaysia, saying that we brush our shoulders with MAICSA and TTDI (the two strongest clubs in Division W that score perfect 10 every year).

The Division W Governor came with the greetings. We are the first club in the Division to score the perfect 10!
Flashing at those time when the club is nearing the edge of closure, the three of us stood, kept the club running. We did go through a lot of tough times but I never want to surrender, and the pure heart's quest is answered today.
I'm glad I didn't give up despite receiving demotivating words, being trashed around like garbage. It makes me stronger and ever tougher to die.
Yes, I never want to surpass or even emulate anyone. But I know when the time comes, you will have what it takes to set the standard for others.
No comments:
Post a Comment