Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend at Kiasu-land

I was out of the country and I didn't feel that I was in a foreign land. I was surrounded by Malay, Chinese, Indians...but wait, there were no banglas. Singapore is a very organised and well-managed country, perhaps too organized. I won't comment much on this as I was there for only 2 days.


Back to the main point. I was here for a gathering which I anticipated for one and a half year. The only setback was that we couldn't keep in touch well because there's no wifi outside Changi Airport. Anyway, I made full use of my time there at Sentosa Island and Marina Bay. I didn't take any pictures there but Gardens by the Bay is a nice piece of artificial beauty.

Well, about the wedding. I wondered if Marco is the son to the richest man in Singapore but a wedding dinner in the Flower Dome is very $$$!!! It was a romantic and grand wedding (Probably the most 'eye-opening' I've ever attended). But the most important thing is the reunion with my HYLI friends. It's glad to see each other again. A night of laughter, teasing and laughing at our differences, appreciating the wonderful chemistry and camaraderie. (Where can you find  a bunch of friends who are willing to travel all the way to you wedding despite having to know them for just one week). We discussed about our next reunion in Malaysia and they were busy learning the Malaysian's way of speaking. The conclusion is you just simply add "lah" at the end of every sentence then you will be very much a Malaysian.

I feel so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful people, my Singaporean friend (who is half a Penangite) fetched me to my friend's place after the wedding. I had a wonderful breakfast and good chitchat with Ivy and headed over to meet the Doctors. They force-fed me. Being a doctor, they should be merciful!!! =DDD

I rushed to the airport as I was a bit late. Dr. Cheng refused to let go off my arms at the MRT. But still I managed to reach on time.

This is my first time travelling to a foreign place alone without feeling lonely, not a single moment.

I am missing my friends badly. I don't really miss Singapore. The next round will be Malaysia and I am all ready to become a good host for my friends. =)

Till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment