Three weeks back a friend called me, she asked me to join the swimming team in relay, women's medley team. They were lacking one swimmer and the only thing they knew was that I went to the swimming pool at least once a week this semester.
AND SO, they assumed that 'JING YI CAN SWIM'. This is quite ridiculous as I learned swimming when I was in F6 and it was only during the holidays when I can go to my cousin's condominium pool to do so. I knew only breaststroke and backstroke and they wanted me to do freestyle! How can I make it happen in two weeks' time?
AND SO, they assumed that with some practice in the pool, 'JING YI CAN SWIM LIKE THE WAY SHE RUNS'. I began to hit the pool in the evenings, try to learn some instant freestyle. After several days of mouthful of pool water, I did it. But it was rather slow, slower than my breaststroke.
AND SO, just one day before the competition, I met my captain with the rest of the teammates and they watched me swim. Somehow I think they were disappointed with me but it was too late to change. So, they decided to let me do the backstroke. Despite being the weak link, I imagined myself as Michael Phelps and Ian Thorp once I dive into the pool.
Oh well, at least we got bronze medal out of 4 teams competing. Thanks for the FIRST DIVE, I learned freestyle in three days.
omg is that one thing that u cant do?!!! *screaming like a fan girl
ReplyDeleteI'm still very slow in swimming. But I can give you my signature. XD
ReplyDeleteu did backstroke??? did u manage to do it in straight line?? i can still remember the time when both of us nearly hit the wall in back stroke...hahaha....
ReplyDeletelol...my backstroke senget one. I followed the line lo.
ReplyDeleteur back stroke is faster than breaststroke meh??? y not swim in breaststroke instead??
ReplyDelete...hmmm...the other team member is good in breast stroke so no choice liao.
ReplyDelete