Being trained as a long distance runner by my first coach, I was chosen to take hurdles by my second coach. I was the long distance runner, hurdler and relay racer for my secondary school team.
When I entered the university, I lost my strength and stamina. At some point, I nearly gave up, I've been running on the wrong type of shoes and having knee problems. I found new hope in myself after trying on Nike Air and is currently a Nike Lunar user. I started to enjoy running again.
When I've decided to extend my long distance running to marathon, I got a call from Sports Centre that I was selected as a track and field athlete. My third coach (although I think he doesn't qualified) told me that I'm a sprinter, I argued and he insisted. Due to team requirement, I need to do middle distance which is 400 metres.
I begin to think if I need to play different roles at different stages of life. If I really need to do so I am ready because we don't get to decide on many things in life. We have to evolve and adapt to situations.
No comments:
Post a Comment