It goes back to year 2009, the year I join Toastmasters.
If Toastmaster doesn't change a single thing about me, I must be in trouble. I never take pictures of myself when I go "clubbing". As I read through Victor Ong's post, he has more pictures of me than any other Toastmasters have. Trust me, he's the most diligent Toastmasters I've ever seen since I join TI.
Something I found browsing through blogs
(My very first speech, "The Ice Breaker" & Me, speaking at Bank Negara as the club mentor)
By just looking at the pictures, I see my growth.
By just looking at the pictures, I see my growth.
Some argue that communication skills comes first, some says leadership is the utmost important.
Being a typical libra, I believe in becoming an all rounder. One that goes beyond both is charisma. I am still searching for my definition for the word 'charisma', I can't really describe it but intuitively I can tell if a person has it.
Still, it has been a long way for me and there's a long way ahead. I know one day my home club can no longer cater for my learning, I need to continue to absorb and give back to my home club. I hope they would eventually understand that I'm doing this to prepare them to face the real world.
And after almost 5 years, I am ready to reach out for more.
![]() |
| One of my most enjoyable experience as the General Evaluator at MIMKL, Dec 2013. |


No comments:
Post a Comment