Monday, January 6, 2014

Life without track racing

While I was browsing through the internet, I found this interesting article:
31 insanely clever remodeling Ideas for your new home.
Not to say they were totally brilliant but they were well thought of.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It's my 2nd year without track racing and the below will tell you how much I miss track racing:

1. Seriously, you are telling me that you pay 40-50MYR for a 10km run just to 'paktor', snapping pictures? And don't really care about obstructing other runners. *my worst 10k experience during Nike Run 2012*haven't run any 10k runs since then*

2. Young runners normally dominate 10k runs but Veterans (Uncle Oliver and Auntie Patsy if you have heard of them) show their zeal and passion with even distribution across 10k, 21k and 42k. *wait? Who's the Veteran?*

3. Basic manner of running: Simple things like keep to the left, no high elbows, no pushing and NO PEEING seem so hard for some people. *I yelled at a guy who just simply stopped and peed before me*I panicked and freaked out*

These are also some of the reasons why I move into unconventional distance and events. I would say I am daring enough to complete the Viper Challenge and Morib International Triathlon. Penang Urban Triathlon was meant for beginner.

A few friends advised me to go back to 10km but I don't really enjoy squeezing through the crowd.

Moving forward, I will train harder to improve my running time which has been dropping since 2013. Train harder for triathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment