Message #1:
Terengganu is a state abundant of keropok.
I've tried at least 5 different types of keropok over the pass 4 days. It's the main reason behind the coughing. Worth the try.
Message #2:
You can take Jing Yi out from her job but you cannot take the job out from her.
The sunrise, sandy beach are the most memorable. For most people, those were the only things in their head. I was trying to locate all the oil fields and gas fields. Gosh! Help me please.
Message #3:
It's not just about work
Of course, I didn't just spend to come to the conference. I wanted to stay away from the city. KT is just superb for my getaway. I like the airport and The Crystal Mosque. I really like the architecture. (Besides the amount of money spent to build them)
Message #4:
Servant leadership at its best
You really see it here. Although there are some "dictators" around, I was surrounded by humble people. The working world is not so dirty after all if you spend some time to talk to some individuals.
Message #5:
Room of improvement
The largest room in the world is the room of improvement. My honour to witness some of the best speakers in Malaysia. Loghandran was unfortunate as the first speaker, the hand free mic went malfunction and in the end he had to project his voice over a hall of 500 people. What a bad day for him. Knowing this opportunity, Palaniappa spoke at his best and clinched the title.
Message #6
Survival of the fittest
During the lunch before I left KT, I saw Victor Ong and invited him to the same table. He said he is the one who got time disqualified. Trust me, I had never seen him with such emotion. He joined Toastmasters almost the same time as me, he is more diligent than any other Toastmasters, he deserved to be the finalist. I tried to enlighten him but then I stopped. I know the feeling of being disqualified but I also know that he will be the "cockroach" of his speech and he will come back in the next speech contest.
Message #7
Growing up is not an option
I know the journey will come to an end. Just like the sun which sets after every sunrise. What awaits after the sunset is another sunrise, so is the way of life. You need to grow up, face changes and strive beyond.
No comments:
Post a Comment