Take the Japanese nuclear plant incident for example. People posted all over facebook, trying to spread the news about the radiation that was about to hit Malaysia and to stay away from the rain. I got myself soaking wet that day and started to worry if the news was true. It was a fraud and I started asking, 'Hey people, do you ever verify the facts posted on facebook? Don't just simply copy and post what ever you read. You may end up creating rumors of fake news among your friends.'
I blame no one except myself. "Seeing is believing" but sometimes it's wrong even if you see it for yourself.
Hmmm...then I believe there is something to do with our education system. Malaysians especially students are taught to accept whatever that is given by teachers, even if you don't understand. We never learn to analyse facts and just simply swallow everything without digesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment